Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's official, I'm a book junkie!

Lists, lists, lists! I keep finding these awesome book lists. Charlotte Mason, Sonlight, Five in a Row, AHHH! There are so many books that I want to buy, but right now I have higher priorities. It is so tempting to just nab every great book I see, especially at Amazon prices, but it adds up and I'm saving for a car.

I must have a car. I need a car. I need a car more than I need those books right now. A car can get me to the library, where I can borrow most of the books I want to buy. I have to keep telling myself these things so I don't go nuts on eBay and Amazon.

I've bought a few good books that are still in the mail right now, but I'm a junkie and I want more. I find books like The Children's Treasury of Virtues, and Life Skills for Kids: Equipping Your Child for the Real World, The Story About Ping, The Year At Maple Hill Farm, I get excited and just want them all right now. Not that we could read them all right now, but I want them. All. Right now.

It stinks being without a car in a city as spread-out as mine. There are many things within walking distance, but with 2 little ones in tow, any errand is an ordeal. I usually just wait for my husband to get home and use the car. It would be awfully nice to have a car to take the kids on field trips during the day. To the zoo or library or museum, or art class, botanical gardens, or whatever. And so I must hold back, and keep saving money, waiting and praying for the right car to come along. God is good, and even though I don't have many opportunities for my own income right now, I know God will provide for that which He ordains. If He wants me to have a car to help in raising my children, then it will not be impossible for me. I'll be a good steward and strive to be more thrifty. I know we must be faithful with little, first.

If anyone happens to read this, please say a prayer for the provision of a reliable vehicle for me and my children while my husband is at work.

BTW the titles I'm waiting on in the mail are:

The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh [Hardcover] by A. A. Milne
Italic Handwriting Series Book A [Paperback] by Barbara Getty
Beatrix Potter Complete Tales: The 23 Original Peter Rabbit Books [Hardcover] by Beatrix Potter
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie [Hardcover] by Laura Joffe Numeroff

No comments: