Monday, May 18, 2009

And this year...

Well, I'm almost done with Kindergarten with both kids, and I'm already looking forward to the wonders that next year will reveal! I haven't updated this blog in an entire year, but I plan to post a lot more this year.

I have so enjoyed teaching the kids to read and especially seeing them grasp concepts about God from the wonderful My Father's World curriculum we used this year! Jace was just telling me how God is bigger than Daddy and bigger than everyone, and that God is the "main boss". My kids have never been allowed to go to church, so MFW has been just amazing. We will be going back to them for 1st grade.

What a fantastic year we have had! 3 more weeks until we are done with this year, but we will be doing lots of fun, hands-on things this summer to enrich our learning.

I have been knitting a beautiful Central Park Hoodie for myself out of Avocado green Lion Brand Wool Ease and I'm loving and hating it at the same time. I decided to add pockets to it, which was kind of complicated (for a novice like myself) AND I altered the pattern, making the cables wider, which further muddies the water. I think (and hope) I will really like the finished product. I really hope I made the right size. We shall see, soon.

No comments: