Tuesday, May 26, 2009

walk walk walk walk walk... and stuff.

My friend, Beth and I spent most of last year walking about 2 miles a night, several nights a week... until it got too cold out. We stopped walking together over the winter but have just now picked back up.

We've decided to walk every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening (around her work and school schedule), which works out great for me since Tim goes into work later on Tuesday and Thursday, so I can walk in the morning those days before he leaves, while the kids are asleep, and it's still cool, but light out.

So far we walked Sunday and Monday, and I walked by myself Monday morning and this morning (Tuesday) so it's going well! I am not a morning person at all, so it's no small wonder that I have gotten up before I had to, 2 days in a row this week to do exercise. EXERCISE! Can you believe it?! ME! lol. I have been praying for God to help me get fit, lose the weight, ya know, and I think the fact that I've been sick and congested this week has helped get me out of bed and out the door. I can't sleep anyway, so might as well walk. So thank you, Lord, for the sniffles!

I'm trying to get past this plateau. Walking is the least torturous form of exercise I can think of, so that's what I'm doing. I also have a new step and step aerobics dvd that I can do when the weather sucks or when I feel like burning a lot of calories, quickly.

On another subject, entirely; I stumbled across a support group in my city for moms using the specific homeschool curriculum that we use! They meet at a local church (that I actually attended as a teenager) so I'm really psyched to hook up with them. In the Summer they only meet once a month, and this month it is today... and I can't make it, but I will make arrangements to go next month. It's so weirdly specific to my needs, I must go. The church also has a Wednesday night service that I am contemplating attending this week, since my church only has Sunday morning services and this church is close to my home. Oh and because I haven't actually shown up for church in a month. That too.

Anyway, I'm planning to go to my mom's today. My kids miss their uncles and grandparents and my dear step-dad generously changes my oil for nothing, and I desperately need an oil change.

I've been knitting the Central Park Hoodie but have slacked off the last several days. I usually knit when I watch TV but there is nothing on TV now. I went to a fabric store to look for buttons for it and they had crap, and it was expensive crap, too. $3 for a button? One button? Really? It's just a plain plastic circle with 2 holes in it. Soo... off to ebay and etsy in search of buttons. Man it's hard to choose buttons. So many possibilities. Good thing I have plenty of time before sweater weather arrives. I will keep looking until something catches my eye.

Anyway I'm off, so much to get done. And I'm hungry.

No comments: